22 August, 2009
Here's a sneak peak of our new color in the Living/Dining/Hall.
The furniture and books don't actually go together, I was just playing and decided to take pictures. I'm trying to figure out how to make the little table work as you come in the front door, but it's just too short.
Anyone selling an antique desk? Guess we'll be hitting the antique auctions and stores now, looking for a tall desk.
Don't you love to open up your fortune cookie at the end of a great meal and find a message written to you?
I think I've been blessed with great messages, I really don't remember ever having one that didn't feel like a message directly to me. LOL
I tape them into my address book so I will always have them...
19 August, 2009
Herbed Cheese-Stuffed Salmon
6 (6oz each) fresh Salmon fillets
1 5.2 oz container semi-soft cheese
with garlic and herbs
1 cup soft bread crumbs
1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 Tbsp. Pine Nuts, toasted
1) Rinse fish; pat dry. Preheat oven to 425.
2) Using a zester, finely shred lemon peel from lemon to make
2 tablespoons; slice remaining lemon and set aside.
3) In a small bowl, combine lemon peel and semi-soft cheese.
4) In top of each fillet, from about 1/2 inch from an edge, cut a pocket.
Do not cut all the way through the fish.
5) Spoon cheese mixture into pockets. Season fish with salt.
6) Grease a shallow baking pan; place fish inside and set aside.
7) In a small bowl combine bread crumbs, parmesan, pine nuts and butter; sprinkle
over filets, pressing slightly.
8) Bake, uncovered, for 14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
Serve with Lemon wedges.