I haven’t really posted about mundane things lately.
- My Doc gave my mole a name before she murdered him. Charlie.
(I like my Dr.)
- We’re going on a TREASURE HUNT this weekend!
We have been looking for an antique bookcase for a few months,
and they can be surprisingly hard to find!
It took us over 2 years and several states to find our first book case, an
18th century primitive piece:
I’m anticipating another long search, but on Saturday we are going back to the place
where we actually found the first one, the Virginia Highlands Festival Antique Market.
It’s one of the biggest antique markets in the US…that actually has valuable antiques,
not just flea market junk.
I love flea market junk, just not for my bookcase.
- We are borrowing a truck to go to the aforementioned antiques market. There’s some great
dealers there, so I may come home with more than a bookcase.
- I am way behind on blogging. I have about 10 backed up in my “save” folder that need to
be uploaded. Sorry folks. Life get’s busy.
- I’m praisin’ God for the current heat-wave in US of A. I was so, so, so cold this past winter, that
I vowed to NEVER complain about summer heat again. And I haven’t. I’ve learned to embrace the
heat, and enjoy it. We even turned our AC off for most of last week.
- I am going HOME to Indiana to see my Granny in a couple weeks.
I don’t think I’ve ever really blogged about Indiana, because we always visit in December when the sky and ground are the same murky shade of gray.
I am a Hoosier, transplanted (happily) to the south. I prefer living in Tennessee, but I do get homesick for family, the very green grass, lake Michigan, apple harvest in September, giant soft pretzels from Jo Jo’s, and……a Midwestern accent!
This year we finally made the decision to visit during the summer instead of at Christmas, and though I’ll still miss everyone during the holidays, I think we will enjoy this much better.
Fort Wayne, IN Zoo with my little sister, 5 years ago.
What are your special pre-transplant memories…?
Leave a comment!