I love reading/filling out surveys, and I like this Holiday themed survey that Ashley posted yesterday
over at Piloting Life.
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate?
Definitely Eggnog when available. I really don’t like hot drinks, but I’ve
been trying to make myself drink hot chocolate this year.
But yeah, eggnog all the way!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa wraps presents in brown paper and ties them with brown and green ribbon.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?
White! I love the simple look.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Not yet, we have an aversion to nail holes for any reason.
But I think it would be beautiful to create an arrangement to set on the headboard of our bed.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Early December. I like to savor Thanksgiving.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
I have to pick one?
I’m not big on holiday sweets, but anything on the Thanksgiving plate is good.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
Waking up on Christmas morning to the scent of maple syrup, pancakes and bacon.
Dad always made breakfast while listening to our favorite Christmas music.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Santa was never an issue for me. I was the type of kid that tormented other kids
by revealing that Santa Claus isn’t real.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Mum and Dad usually let us open a gift, and now it just depends.
I love waiting for Christmas, I don’t even try to guess my gifts.
I know, boring.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
However, we probably won’t be putting up a tree this year. This corner of the living room is now
filled by the desk/computer. School has taken over my house.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Nope, totally hate it. I don’t mind if it snows on Christmas day, but I like sunshine.
I’m from Northern Indiana, and it either sleets all winter, or the snow sticks and turns black for 3 months.
In Tennessee it becomes a headache because no-one knows how to drive.
Life ceases to go on when there’s 1/2” snow on the ground.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, I love skating!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Spending time with family. Making traditions.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Fudge I suppose. I try to steer clear of the dessert buffet at family dinners.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Going to the symphony.
17. What tops your tree?
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving! Getting is lame.
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum?
Well…this is a long story.
let’s just say that I throw away candy canes. Immediately after breaking them.
20. Favorite Christmas show? Show or movie?
All the old cartoon movies, like The Grinch, Jetson’s Christmas, Yogi Bear’s Christmas.
21. Saddest Christmas Song?
I love singing Elvis’ Blue Christmas.
Andraé hates it. Oops.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song?
Grown-up Christmas List